BESPOKE WESTERN SADDLE GALLERY
Our goal has always been to make western saddles better. Yes, the saddles our great grandfathers rode in served them well but look at the innovations other sports have embraced and how it has improved their efficiency and performance. We will continue to build on what we have learned from traditional saddle makers but with a contemporary outlook to improve our saddles using new technologies, innovative ideas, and new materials to create bespoke western saddles.
Easy Fit Saddle shop is a rider’s best source for bespoke western saddles built on custom saddle trees. Our lightweight custom saddles are designed for our customer’s requirements to be durable for riding in the harshest conditions yet look great in the show ring. Our professionally designed Western saddles are handcrafted to provide a comfortable fit for horse and rider, male or female.
To have that perfect ride in a Western Dressage Saddle, you have to have a great saddle fit for you and your horse.
– Here is a saddle that you can adjust to position yourself for balance, alignment, and comfort through seat shims and positioning of the fenders.
– The seat is built to accommodate a woman’s pelvis, being narrow through the twist, low in the rise and wide where the seat bones sit.
– The custom tree for your horse allows him to easily and comfortably perform the high-level, precise maneuvers required, without interference from the saddle. Keep the saddle fitted with shims under the bars if he is asymmetrical or if he changes shape due to age or conditioning.
– Top it off with a traditional western profile where you choose the details and you’ve got a winner!
– Take it to the mountains and you and your horse will enjoy all-day comfort.
The All Around saddle is one of our most popular models! The saddle has a low swell and is styled with a very traditional western profile. It’s a great choice for everyday riding as a lightweight trail saddle in which you and your horse can be comfortable for hours and you will also look great when competing in the show ring. For the horseman that does a little bit of everything, this is the best saddle to suit your needs and will be a very comfortable ride for both you and your horse.
We call it a “Cutback western saddle” because of the short skirts and undercut swells. We have removed excess skirting front and back, making the saddle lighter and shorter. This is great for a short-backed horse or for riders who just like a small saddle for looks, lightness, and horse maneuverability. Our Cut Back saddle has a modified version of traditional western saddle swells; they are undercut to allow the rider to move ahead an inch or so in the seat. The rider sits closer to the base of the withers, allowing them a balanced ride, in-sync with the horse’s center of balance. This provides a more secure seat for the rider and helps the horse carry the rider.
Traditional styling makes our Cut Back saddles suitable for most western riding disciplines and is comfortable enough to ride in all day out on the trail. It could be the most comfortable saddle you and your horse will ever own!
The Lady Wade saddle has all the same great features as our other saddles with one major difference, virtually no shoulders on the forks. Additionally, they have a larger, lower horn and short skirts. It is a style that originated in California and has some big names associated with the style, like Hamley, Dorrance, Hunt, and Brannaman. You can choose to add bucking rolls for more security in the seat. The saddles are lightweight, designed for the female pelvis, and are custom-fitted for horse and rider. Their lightweight does not make them suitable for roping.
Endurance riding demands the ultimate saddle fit for both horse and rider. Additionally, the saddle must be lightweight and not retain heat. Our Custom Endurance Saddles check all of these boxes.
We build a custom tree for your horse and cover it with lightweight yet strong materials, keeping skirts to a minimum. Bar pads under the tree allow excellent airflow under the saddle to help keep the horse cool. Multiple D-rings provide ample attachment locations for your gear. The shimmable seat and movable stirrup/fender positioning provide the rider ultimate comfort and the opportunity to adjust their position easily so they can keep in-sync with their horse’s center of balance. Our endurance saddles weigh approximately 16 pounds.
Most people who choose our English Cross-Over saddles really like the look and feel of an English saddle but are now doing more trail or pleasure riding. They are concerned about fit and comfort, especially for their horses. Typically English saddles are built on a smaller tree with less surface area and more pounds per square inch on the horse’s back. Our English saddles are built on the same tree bars as our Western saddles so the saddle can have the same great weight distribution, providing more comfort for the horse. Riders also appreciate the lightweight, less than 20 pounds, and the adjustable features for their own comfort. Cable rigging allows for Western latigo or English billets.
Our Barrel Racing saddles have all the features you need for fast turns and runs:
– Short skirts to maximize your horse’s maneuverability
– Free swinging fenders
– High cantle and forks for rider security
– Tall, thin horn
– Women’s fit and adjustable to help you find the perfect seat pocket
– Custom tree to maximize your horse’s potential
Barrel Racing is very competitive and takes the right combination of dedication, great horses, horsemanship, nutrition, conditioning, and correct fitting equipment for both horse and rider. When you and your horse are competing you don’t want to be thinking about your saddle; it needs to fit such that you and your horse can move as one. At the heart of every one of our saddles is a properly designed saddle tree, and those trees are custom fit for horse and rider. You choose the cantle height, horn size, and shape of forks that will make your Barrel Racing runs secure and successful!
Our Australian Fender Saddles provide security and comfort for anyone riding in rough terrain or spending long hours on their horse.
– The small skirts keep it light and reduce heat capture on the horse’s back.
– Cut back swells provide more security in the saddle as the thighs lie under the swells and at a similar angle.
– A pencil roll on the cantle adds to the Australian stock saddle look.
– We have two ways of making the thigh pad. One way is to build them solidly as part of the swells. Alternatively, we can form the thigh pads from leather which would provide some give if the rider was to hit them because of a quick or unexpected stop or turn.
– The thigh pads lie next to the rider’s thigh giving them a very secure seat and position the rider further forward on the horse’s back. They undercut the swells allowing the rider to brace against them and they allow the rider to sit ahead an inch or so in the seat. The rider sits closer to the base of the withers, allowing them to move balanced and more in sync with the horse’s own center of balance.
– Ride comfortably and securely whatever you and your horse are doing. This is a great saddle for a short-backed horse or for riders who just like a small saddle for looks, lightweight, and horse maneuverability.
We build our custom Ranch Cutter Saddles to accommodate the seat you need for a successful run. You choose the cantle & horn angle and height, and the style of forks. Seat shims allow you to find the perfect pocket. Stirrups hung high, allow your leg to move forward easily and the fender attachment can be adjusted forward or back.
Our Reining Saddle is built to avoid interference to the rider, allowing them to give subtle cues to their horse, and it is custom fit to the horse and rider allowing them to achieve maximum comfort and balance.
REINING SADDLE DESIGN
• The horn and swells are low, so as not to impede the rider’s hands or get in the way of the reins.
• The cantle is low and laid back to prevent it from hitting the rider’s back when performing a big stop.
• Close contact of the leg has been achieved with: cutouts in the skirts under the leg; single strap stirrup leathers reduce bulk; cable rigging is less bulky than traditional rigging; the seat sits you close to the horse’s back.
• Stirrups are hung high to match your leg movement and are free-swinging.