There is no standard of equine back sizing.
The templates are also a useful tool for the owner to monitor the change in shape of a horse over time and use. The differences in size from spring to summer would help in picking the correct padding, or knowing the saddle could be causing the problem before the dreaded white hairs appear.
Signs of poorly fitting saddles:
- Atrophied muscles especially behind the shoulder blades
- White hair patches under saddle
- Saddle Shift – most common issue, causes back pain in horse and rider
- Horses have difficulty moving in one direction over the other, picking up a lead
- Spookiness, bolting, bucking, biting and kicking often for uncalled for events
- General stiffness, grumpy disposition, lack of impulsion
- Difficulty standing still
- Resent being groomed
Gives us a call if you:
- think your saddle is not fitting your horse
- are a woman trying to fit into a man’s saddle
- have tried multiple saddles and still haven’t found one to fit your horse
Saddles for hard to fit horses are our specialty.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact our very experienced and knowledgeable staff at 403-816-5251